- Discipline / domaine
- Arts plastiques
- - Discover the Pop Art movement of the 60s
- Discover Andy Warhol
- Listen to some 60s US music (California dreaming)
- Use colour knowledge to create a bright contrasting print-like piece
- 90 minutes (5 phases)
- Supplies common to each session : Audio, Blank cards, Wide based jars, Water,
Aprons, Paint, Paintbrushes (fine and wide), Paper, Card, Felt-tip pens, Clipboards,
Palettes, Some scrap cloth
Specific supplies: Computer, camera, printer
1. Welcome and warm-up
1. Welcome everyone.
2. Hello song. Hello, hello ! How are you ? I'm good, I'm great ! How about you ?
3. Today's theme is Pop Art!
2. Music moment
1. Listen to "California Dreamin'" by The Mamas and the Papas (just sound)
2. Practise singing the chorus "California dreamin' (California dreamin') On such a winter's day (California dreamin')"
3. Watch the video (dates back to 1965) and sing along
4. Comments welcome on style of this typical 60s band
3. A spot of art history
4. Let's paint !
- Draw, or use a black and white image from the internet from today's "popular culture". (A well known character from a cartoon, a film...)
- Copy and paste the image 4 times and print.
- Cut out, arrange on a large A3 sheet of paper, go over the images in different felt-tip pens, using complimentary colours, and paint the backgrounds in contrasting colours.
5. Tidy-up and good-bye
1. Everyone washes their brushes and palettes when they've finished painting. Use the object vocab.
2. One last sing-song (today's one and an old one).
3. That's it ! Until next week ! Good-bye everyone ! Parent-pick-up time.